Saturday, June 15, 2019

      Having canvased all of the contractors (50+) holding current 2019 COK Building Permits I am concerned by their lack of understanding regarding our new code requirements. Of the 30 that I actually reached very few were interested or understood the pressure testing they must pass to obtain their Certificate of Occupancy. Whether this is complacency or obstinance I predict a rash of angry builders whose projects fail to achieve < 3 ACH or meet Duct Leakage targets.
      There were several public meetings in 2018 about the full adoption and enforcement of the new Building Code and there is further info on the COK website. I urge builders to get on board as early as possible. I have already helped many Contractors through Energy Star and LEED projects. 2018 Code is very much the same; plan ahead, follow the process and you will pass on the first go.

No comments: